Under supervision, the Journeyman Ironworker is responsible for completing tasks related to structural iron and steel erection and completing the tasks in a timely, quality manner.
* Bolt-up structural member following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
* Ability to weld 3G and 4G
* Rig structural-steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope.
* Hoist steel beams, girders, and columns into place, using cranes, or signal hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural-steel members.
* Detail Work: may include installing angle and bent plate, welding clips, joists, tube steel or angle kickers; installing safety cable and safety posts; or shaking out and spreading joists and long spans.
* Assembling: Plumbing of structural steel; installing deck; installing and welding steel stairs, handrail and guardrail.
* Field fabrication or assembly of metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams, and girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
* Dismantle and demolish structures and equipment.
* Insert sealing strips, wiring, insulating material, ladders, flanges, gauges, and valves, depending on types of structures being assembled.
* Place blocks under reinforcing bars used to reinforce floors.
* Read and interpret basic blueprints
* Use all safety and personal protective equipment for the purpose intended. Use of safety harness and lanyard for proper tie off.
* Operate boom lift and scissor lift.
* Pull, push, or pry structural-steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
* Walk/stand on girders or other structural-steel members to position them or use rope to guide them into position.
* Use a variety of hand and power tools including: turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and other tools.
* Proficiently use oxyacetylene torch.
**Be part of LPR’s Team!**
*LPR is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.*
*Tracking Code:* 1105-573
*Job Location:* Phoenix, Arizona, United States
*Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular