A Level 4 Lead Installer is responsible for quality installation of equipment in the central office and outside plant environments as specified in engineering instructions and drawings and in accordance with customer standards. This is a field-based position, requiring up to 100% travel.
* Install, test, and turn up equipment in the Central Office and Outside Plant Environments
* Add and/or removal of battery strings (DC Power Only)
* Perform additions, removals, and modifications on working equipment and circuits
* Participate in all internal and external quality audits, both in-process and final
* Add and/or remove circuits on working power distribution equipment
* Installation of auxiliary framing and relay racks
* On-site analysis of job drawings and specifications to resolve any issues prior to job start
* Preparation of SMOP’s and DMOP’s for the project
* Function as the point-of-contact for support groups such as engineering, material assignment, etc.
* Review the work assignments and project steps (reference the SMOP/DMOP) before each work shift so that all personnel, including contractors, are aware of their roles and responsibilities during the scheduled work tour
* Completing the job log as per company standards, including the personnel and hours worked by each; work items completed or in progress; and notable site or project issues
* Perform all work with safety in mind and insure that all safety measures are met
* Supervise contractors in all fundamental aspects of a power installation to include, but not limited to:
+ Running cable
+ Securing cable (sewing)
+ Installation of ironwork and cable rack
+ Floor drilling/equipment mounting
+ Battery work
+ Cable connecting
This is a 100% Travel position.
* Minimum of 6 years accumulated experience or equivalent as determined by the TC specifications
* High school diploma, technical degree preferred
* Demonstrated knowledge of TP76300
* Strong verbal and written customer facing skills
* Strong computer skills to include MS Office experience
* Experience with complying with all customer standards and paperwork to include JSA, MOP, JIM and job completion forms
* Proficient in the use of electronic test equipment\
* Mechanical aptitude and proficient use of hand tools including drills, saws, wrenches, etc.
* Knowledge of basic safety practices in a construction type environment
* Knowledge of basic DC theory especially as it relates to potential difference and characteristics of current flow.
* Knowledge of basic battery operation
* Knowledge of basic AC electrical practices. Especially as related to branch circuitry.
**Title:** *Level 4 DC Power Installer*
**Requisition ID:** *2000001355*
**Other Locations:** *United States-Texas-Dallas*