Reports to: Vice President
Location: Marysville, Washington
SeaCast operates full-service investment casting foundries specializing in precision investment casting. SeaCast was established in 1985 and remains a privately held company based in Marysville, WA. We have over 800 employees (and growing) across our locations in Marysville, Arlington, Seattle, Montana and Mexico, with continued growth anticipated.
Support the overall business and ensure future profitable growth through the following primary responsibilities that include, but are not limited to the following.
• Support of Production
• Assist Production with identifying the tools they need to accurately do their job
• Train Production employees where appropriate
• Review and interpret customer requests and flow those requests to the Shop travelers (routers) and procedures
• Develop processes that support Production needs
• Gating/gaging development to increase productivity, mold yield, and profitability
• Customer technical interface
• Prepare presentations as required for marketing and upper management
• Support marketing and internal sales; prepare quotations
• Own the traveler (shop router) systems
• Provide input for R&D tax credits
• Train / mentor engineers and technicians. Support their career development including performance reviews. Set a brisk pace to the engineering activities that instills a sense of urgency to engineering activities
• Use tools such as Microsoft Project to manage engineering projects
• Engage in part development and process development
• Reduction of scrap and rework endeavors
• Assist in ERP support and integration
• Manage tool build and rework
• Manage the day to day activities of the Manufacturing Engineering department and staff
• Oversee all process steps leading to successful casting. Understand requirements of: wax pattern injection, assembly of wax patterns, ceramic shell production, dewaxing, final preparation, pouring, finishing, heat treat, NDT, rework, and machining
• Develop and implement strong policies and processes with emphasis in quantitative management and continuous improvement which supports the business needs across the organization. Create new job process controls based on engineering analysis
• Lead process evaluation and re-design efforts. Select correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones
• Design gating systems for new and existing jobs with utilization of modeling and simulation software
• Work with manufacturing, operations and quality manager to support business needs
• Design and develop new tooling by working with in-house resources and outside customers
• Provide leadership to technical staff by offering directions and guidance to perform tasks
• Foster a culture of lean and waste reduction
• Functional management responsibilities include staff resource planning, mentoring, developing and improving staff technical skills
• Other duties as directed by company leadership
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
*** 7+ years experience leading engineering teams in precision investment casting foundries is required.
• Ability to develop planning to support the build of the customer's products based on the customer's requirements and industry specifications
• Advanced blueprint reading and interpretation skills and GD+T dimensioning
• Understanding of foundry processes, tooling design, and construction
• Understanding of pattern shop operations and best practices
• Knowledge of design parameters for converting fabrications or machined parts to castings.
• Preferred experience in gating, shell building, dewaxing, pouring, finishing, and handling of large (up to 60 inches in diameter) investment castings.
• Preferred experience in plant layout, lean manufacturing, and process optimization of large investment casting.
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Computer competency in MS Office, computer modeling and simulation programs. Understand the basics of an enterprise resource planning system (ERP)
• Flexible and able to adapt to and embrace change
• Appropriately decisive and results-oriented CAD experience
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within department. Be responsible for performance reviews of all employees reporting to you.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors of Science Engineering degree, seven (7) to ten (10) years’ related experience as a Manufacturing Engineer and experience managing and developing technical staff. Must be highly knowledgeable in investment casting processes.
Salary will be commensurate with job experience.
Ability to traverse manufacturing facility. Able to lift 40 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs on a non-regular basis. Able to stand, kneel, bend and reach over and under all equipment on a concrete floor for long periods of time. May be exposed to noise, dust, fumes, smoke (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels). Safety training and equipment are provided by SeaCast in accordance with applicable law, industry standards and company policy.
SeaCast Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.