Journeyman - Typically 3 years and above documented field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
Certified Journeyman - Requires attainment of NCCER certifications written and/or practical.
Leadman - Provides leadership, instruction, and guidance to other craft workers in work crew, providing assistance to Foreman, while working in the capacity of a journeyman.
Raises, places and unites girders, columns and other structural steel members to form completed structures or structure framework, working as member of crew.
- Sets up hoisting equipment, raising and placing structural-steel members, with basic rigging knowledge for raising an placing structural steel members.
- Fastens steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable or rope.
- Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel members.
- Guides member, using tag line in order to guide it into position.
- Pulls, pushes or pries steel members into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
- Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks and hand tools.
- Aligns bolt holes in steel member using drift pins or spud wrenches.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members using plumb bob and level. Bolts align members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
- Cuts and welds steel members to make alterations using oxyacetylene welding equipment and supplies.
- Loads, transports, unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positions and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties as required.
- Work within precise limits to standards of accuracy.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Compare and see differences in size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Picture solid objects from drawings or diagrams.
- Rate information using standards that can be measured or checked.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
a. Standing 60%
b. Lifting 50 lb.
Carrying 50 lb.
2. Climbing C
3. Stooping O
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)
F Frequently (34-66%)
C Constantly (67-100%)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may make their request known by e-mailing HRQuestions@cbifederalservices.com or calling 855.343.5600 for assistance.