A variety of positions available at all of our locations in Auburn, IN; Ravenna, MI; Three Rivers, MI; Hillsdale, MI; Hibbing, MN and Jackson, TN.
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., glasses, steel-toed shoes, ear plugs, etc.), following safe work practices and operating equipment in compliance with OSHA regulations and company policies and procedures
- Visually inspects castings for defects per work instructions including external defects, excessive core fin or flash, burn-in sand, high ingate, etc. standing in front of a moving conveyor.
- Operates grinders (i.e. hand and pedestal) to remove excess flashing in a safe manner by inspecting grinder for proper adjustment, cracks or chips in the wheel and overall working condition. The operator will report any problems to the facilitator. May grind 2-12 castings per minute depending on size.
- Places, stacks, grasps and/or throws finished parts in/on designated shipping containers knee to shoulder height for shipment as specified by work instructions.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- May be assigned other duties as needed.