Communication System Technician
In Hampton, VA
Job DescriptionJob Description:
Responsible for the fabrication, field installation, activation and testing of complex communication systems with additional tasks as directed by the ADCS supervisor.
- cable fabrication and testing
- equipment installation
- cable routing and termination
- enclosure, demarcation and overhead ironwork installation
- system activation and in-house/end-to-end testing
- red-lining of drawings and documentation
- recording of installation and testing results
- coordination with technicians, engineers and Air Force representatives
- Site surveys
- Site preparation activities
- Cisco routers and switches
- 25 pair cable termination to 66 blocks
- POTS voice circuits
- Pulling cables, terminating, testing, splicing, and repairing for copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cabling
- Troubleshooting, hardware repairs, replacements, and maintenance of computer hardware
- Maintained, repaired, and modified air traffic consoles
Daily schedule is 0800-1630 while at the Hampton PSO. Field work may require flexible work hours based on customer requirements. Overtime must be pre-approved in accordance with project needs.
Security+ and an active security clearance (SECRET minimum) is required.
Previous experience directly applicable to the tasks detailed above required.
CompTIA Security+ CE
FAA Cable Network Infrastructure Site Installation
Certified Fiber Optic Cable Installer
Certified Fiber Optic Cable Technician
Experienced with 25 pair Copper color code and 12 strand Fiber optic color code
Travel: 50-80% - Ability to travel at least 50% throughout CONUS, Alaska, Hawaii and Guam locations as required with 80% travel expected over the next 12-24 months.