Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join an organization that invests in its people through cross-training and development? ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join the ClarkDietrich team by applying to the Tool & Die Technician position at our Warren, OH location.
The Tool & Die Technician is responsible for press and die setup to meet daily production run schedules and customer requirements in a fast paced environment. This includes die maintenance and repair as required to ensure efficient operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Can demonstrate knowledge and ability to change dies in multiple press sizes.
* Operate safely and effectively all shop equipment including lathe, drill press, saws, surface grinder, mills, and heat treat oven.
* Read prints to repair, setup, or manufacture dies accordingly.
* Use sketches, blueprints, specifications and models to plan operations for the fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies.
* Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers and micrometers.
* Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, jigs and dies.
* Design templates and jigs to be used as work aids for convenient fabrication of products and parts.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot problems and perform repairs on tools, manually operated dies and progressive dies.
* Interface with external and internal customers, and work with team members to solve problems during the production process.
* Select the appropriate metals and materials to be used based on properties, ensuring they meet project specifications.
* Ability to troubleshoot die and press setup issues throughout productions runs.
* Knowledge of servo driven feeders and control systems a plus.
* Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational procedures.
* Properly inspects and maintains necessary equipment and tools.
* Wears and maintains all required PPE.
* Understands all safety devices and their operation.
* Keeps Tool & Die department clean, organized and safe.
* Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication and changing fractions into decimals.
* Tool and Die experience required.
* Mechanical press knowledge required.
* Ability to problem solve.
* Able to work in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* Prior manufacturing experience.
* Technical School or equivalent experience.
* Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication and changing fractions into decimals. Ability to read a tape measure, caliper and micrometer accurately.
* Lifting - Up to 50lbs. continuously
* Standing - 8 or more hours per day
* Walking - Off & on, 4-6 hours per day
* Body Positions - Stooping, bending, squatting, reaching overhead, extending arms
* Grasping - Use of both hands intermittently, up to 8-hours per day
* Sitting - None
* Pushing & Pulling - Occasionally-Tools and Machine Parts up to 50 lbs.
* Climbing - Occasionally
* Manufacturing facility - exposed to heat and cold.
* Personal Protective Equipment required at-all-times.
* Activity level is high - continuous overhead crane and forklift operation.
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
* Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
* Monthly Bonus
* 401(k) with company match
* Perfect Attendance Award
* Community Service Day
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled