Guy Metals is a leading stainless steel distributor that specializes in high value added processes. We are located in Hammond, WI and are a division of Ryerson, a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America with operating service centers in cities across the United States and Canada. Guy Metals offers a unique range of stainless steel products and processing capabilities. We have been servicing the greater Midwest for over 30 years with an established commitment to superior service and quality.
We are looking for a skilled general warehouseperson to join our Hammond, WI team working on 1st and 2nd shift.
Responsibilities of role:
* Load stainless steel skids, pallets and bundles on to flatbed trailers with sit down forklifts
* Keep work area(s) Safe and Productive
* Fill in for absent positions as qualified, excluding maintenance, as needed on a daily basis
* Assemble material for shipment or machines in accordance with specifications and instructions on orders
* Select material from specific heats or for physical condition in accordance with instructions on orders
* Count, weigh, record heat or test numbers or symbols, list random lengths and other necessary information on orders as required
* Unload and receive material, weights, counts, check sizes. Identify by color and heat or test numbers. Place into stock rack or designated areas. Record necessary information on receiving tickets or other documents
* Perform tallying, stamping, sorting and re-oiling as required
* Maintain safety, quality and productivity standards of each job assignment
* High School Diploma/GED required
* 1-2 years experience on sit down forklifts required
* Ability to read and follow instructions on loading paperwork crucial
* Attention to detail and safety is a must
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to operate a crane and forklift
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.
*Job ID:* 6007
*Functional Area:* Warehouse & Receiving
*Position Type:* Full-Time Employment
*Experience Required:* 1 - 3 Years
*Department:* Warehouse & Receiving
*Education Required:* GED
*Relocation Provided:* No