Under supervision, the Journeyman Ironworker is responsible for completing tasks related to structural iron and steel erection and completing the tasks in a timely, quality manner.
* Bolt-up structural member following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
* Ability to weld 3G and 4G
* Rig structural-steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope.
* Hoist steel beams, girders, and columns into place, using cranes, or signal hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural-steel members.
* Detail Work: may include installing angle and bent plate, welding clips, joists, tube steel or angle kickers; installing safety cable and safety posts; or shaking out and spreading joists and long spans.
* Assembling: Plumbing of structural steel; installing deck; installing and welding steel stairs, handrail and guardrail.
* Field fabrication or assembly of metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams, and girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
* Dismantle and demolish structures and equipment.
* Insert sealing strips, wiring, insulating material, ladders, flanges, gauges, and valves, depending on types of structures being assembled.
* Place blocks under reinforcing bars used to reinforce floors.
* Read and interpret basic blueprints
* Use all safety and personal protective equipment for the purpose intended. Use of safety harness and lanyard for proper tie off.
* Operate boom lift and scissor lift.
* Pull, push, or pry structural-steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
* Walk/stand on girders or other structural-steel members to position them or use rope to guide them into position.
* Use a variety of hand and power tools including: turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and other tools.
* Proficiently use oxyacetylene torch.
**Be part of LPR’s Team**
* Medical insurance and other insurance benefits available.
* Paid vacation & 6 paid holidays after 1 year of service.
*LPR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*
*This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.*
*Tracking Code:* 1259-573
*Job Location:* Nashville, Tennessee, United States
*Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular