Welding certificate from a certified welding program with at least 1 year experience, or a 2 year degree in welding.
Welding technical assistant to assist instructor during lab hours. The following requirements must be met.
* Knowledge of types of welding and applications.
* Experience with metal preparation using manual machine tools such as band-saws, sheet metal shears, and Piranha ironworkers.
* Ability to maintain material inventories in accordance with College standards.
* Assists faculty during laboratory and ensures adherence to proper safety protocols.
* Ability to perform routine maintenance and repairs on laboratory machines.
* Ability to train/instruct students.
**Special Instructions to Applicants:**
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
**Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.**
*Position Title:* Welding - Technical Assistant (PT)
*Salary:* $15.00 per hour
*Review Start Date:* 11/1/2020